To provide financial support to the farmers & their families, a central sector scheme, ‘Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana’ was introduced under the government of India.
PM Kisan yojana was previously implemented as the Rythu Bandhu scheme by the Telangana Government where a fixed amount of money was given to the farmers. On 1 February 2019, Piyush Goyal during the interim budget announced that the scheme will be implemented as a nationwide project in India. After that, on 24 February 2019, PM Kisan scheme was launched by Pm Narender Modi in Gorakhpur, Uttar pradesh. Under this scheme, small farmers will be given Rs. 6000 annually in three installments. This amount will be directly deposited to the bank accounts of farmers. The annual expenditure of this scheme was expected as Rs. 75,000 crore which will be completely funded by the Union Government in 2019-20.
Objectives of Kisan Yojana
PM Kisan Samman Yojana is a scheme for the welfare of farmers launched under the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare. The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Portal to help & support the small farmers by providing them with a fixed amount of money. The main objectives of the Kisan yojana scheme are written below:
- To provide monetary help to all eligible & needy farmers & their families.
- Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana aims at providing financial help to ensure proper crop health, proper yields etc.
- This scheme aims at helping around 2 crore farmers with an estimated expenditure of around 87 crores. The Central government will fund the entire amount for the year 19-20. It is expected that the scheme will increase the coverage of Kisan to around 14.5 crores.
Any farmer falling under the mentioned categories cannot take the benefit of the scheme. Only farmers, not under the below-mentioned requirements may acquire the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme
- Any institutional land-holders.
- The farmer & their family member belonging to the following categories:
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts.
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers.
- Former or present members of Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils.
- Former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations.
- Former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- Any serving or retired officers as well as employees under the Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments.
- All retired pensioners with a monthly pension of Rs.10,000/-or more.
- Any individual who paid their income tax in the last assessment year.
- Professionals like Chartered Accountants, Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, and Architects registered with an established career and carrying out a profession by undertaking practices.
The farmers eligible under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan scheme are required to show the following documents for their verification:
- Citizenship certificate
- Landholding papers
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account details
Pradhan Mantri Samman Yojana – a central scheme which is 100% funded by the Central Government of India is launched to uplift the living standards of the down-trodden farmers. This also aims at providing financial help to the small farmers, so that they could buy crops, seeds, agriculture products, pesticides etc, which will increase the crop quality. This ensures that the crop the farmers will produce will be of high standards, & will be sold on high prices.