Overview About PM Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
Farmers undergo a lot of life problems, such as financial problems, especially in their old age. In order to help poor and small farmers when they have no or minimal savings to bear their expenses and no means of livelihood, PM Modi has launched Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana (PMKMY), a pension scheme in August 2019. Farmers from 18 to 40 years old can easily receive a pension of Rs. 3000 per month through PM Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana Online Registration.
A total of 2,05,0129 farmers have been registered under Kisan Man Dhan Yojana. The government has introduced this social security scheme only for old marginal and small farmers with at least 2 hectares of land. Farmers above 60 years old can get assured Rs. 3000 per month as pension under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana. After their death, 50% of the pension amount goes to their spouse as a family pension. But this family pension can go only to the spouse and no one else.
Benefits of PMKMY
- Contributory and Voluntary Scheme
- Farmers can get a guaranteed pension of Rs. 36000/year or Rs. 3000/month
- Same contribution from the government
The Ministry of Agriculture officials have assured that they will charge no fees for Pradhan Mantri Maan Dhan Yojana Registration. If a farmer is getting the benefits already under Pradhan Mantri Maan Dhan Yojana, he won’t have to submit further documents for a pension.
You can contribute from the benefits directly from the scheme and there is no need to spend any amount of money. If a contributor quits the scheme within 10 years from the date of registration, his share would get back to him with the rate of interest in the savings bank that is payable. A farmer can easily leave the scheme without losing any amount of money. The farmer will get the amount which has been deposited till the date of departure with interest similar to the savings account.
Who can Apply for PMKMY?
- A Small or Marginal Farmer (SMF) with cultivable land of around 2 hectares or more according to the land records in the concerned Union Territory or State.
- A farmer should be at least 18 to 40 years old.
Who cannot Apply for PMKMY?
Here’s the farmer category excluded from this scheme:–
- The Small and Marginal Farmers who are covered by any other pension schemes like Employees’ State Insurance Corporation scheme, National Pension Scheme (NPS), and Employees’ Fund Organization Scheme.
- Farmers who have applied for the Ministry of Labor and Employment’s PM Shram Yogi Maan Dhan Yojana.
- Farmers who have the Ministry of Labor and Employment’s PM Laghu Vyapari Maan Dhan Yojana.
- Other types of beneficiaries who belong to higher economic status shall not be eligible for PMKMY scheme –
- Present and former State Ministers/Ministers and present and former members of Rajya Sabha/Lok Sabha/State Legislative Councils/State Legislative Assemblies, current and former mayors of Municipal Corporations, present and former Chairpersons of Jila Panchayats.
- Present and former members of constitutional posts
- All the people who have paid income tax in the previous assessment year
- All the retired or serving employees and officers in State/Central Govt. offices/ministries/ departments and field units, Attached offices, state PSEs and autonomous bodies of government as well as employees of local bodies (excluding Group D/Class IV/Multitasking staff employees).
- Professionals like engineers, doctors, lawyers, Architects, CAs etc. registered by professional bodies.
What are The Monthly Contributions to be Made by Farmers?
Farmers can contribute from Rs. 55 to Rs. 200 per month as per their age of entry to Pradhan Mantri Kisan Man Dhan Yojana. Here is the link for self-enrollment – https://maandhan.in/auth/login
Steps to Register for PMKMY Offline
- Farmers have to visit the Common Service Centre (CSC) nearby to apply for this scheme. Locate the nearest CSC center using this link – https://locator.csccloud.in.
- They will need to submit an Aadhar Card along with their Savings Bank account number with IFSC for the enrollment process.
- They have to pay the initial amount of contribution to the Village Level Entrepreneur.
- They need to fill in the name of Subscriber, Aadhar Number, and Date of Birth as per Aadhar card.
- Fill up other details to complete online registration.
- The system will calculate the amount of monthly contributions payable as per the age.
- The farmer has to pay the first subscription in cash.
- The farmer will get a Kisan Card after generating the Kisan Pension Account number.