Established in 1906, Canara Bank has witnessed tremendous growth over the century. Banking services are one of the most important phases with technological advances. The bank provides Canara Bank Net Banking facility as part of digital branch facility. Customers can easily perform transactions on the go and avail other services without having to visit branches through its AI implementation.
Canara Net Banking Services Offered
Customers can avail the following Canara Bank Internet Banking services:
- Open account online
- Transaction History
- Request Cheque Book
- Balance Check
- Fixed Deposit
- Apply for schemes
- Fund transfer to third party
- Fund transfer to self-account
- Online bill payments
- Online tax payments
- Loan repayments
- Stop payments
- TDS Enquiry
- Sukanya Samriddhi payment
- TDS enquiry
- Aadhar Authentication/Seeding
- Grievance redressal/service request
- Online trading
- Hotlisting Credit/Debit Cards
- Open Online PPF account
- MSME/Retail/Agri Loans
- Update KYC
- Pay NPS contributions
- Linking Aadhar and status check
- General Insurance
- E-Tax Challans
- View Form 15G/H
- Loan accounts management
- NRI accounts
- View Tax Credit Statement
- View mini statement
- Demat account management
- Credit card bill payment
What Do You Need for Canara Net Banking?
Here are the details you need to sign up for Canara Net Banking:
- Debit Card
- Canara Bank Account number
- Registered mobile number with the bank
- Registered email ID
- Customer ID
How to Register for Canara Bank Internet Banking?
Here are the steps for Canara Bank Net Banking Registration Online –
- Go to Canara Bank Internet Banking Login Page and click on “Registration”
- You will head to “Terms and Conditions”. Select “I Agree” to proceed to the next step.
- Enter the required details in the registration page properly.
- You will get OTP for verification. Enter the code and click “Submit”.
- The bank has set its parameters to generate a login password. Click “Submit” after generating a password. Your net banking account will be activated.
What is the Off Line Process of Canara Net Banking Registration?
Canara Net Banking Registration can also be done offline through a welcome kit provided by the bank branch and through an ATM.
- Visit the Canara Bank Net Banking Login Page.
- Enter user ID and password
- Select language and click “Sign In”.
After activating Canara Net Banking facility, users can conduct several activities like balance check, fund transfer, account statement, etc.
How to Reset Canara Net Banking Password Off-Line?
Here are the steps to reset Canara Internet Banking password offline if you forgot it:
- Visit the branch office.
- Fill the Mobile/internet banking form
- Fill up all the details required properly on the form.
- After verification, the bank will generate new password and send you to the registered address
How to Reset Canara Net Banking Password Online?
Here are the steps to reset Net Banking Canara password online:
- Visit Canara Net Banking Login Page and click “Forgot”.
- It will take you to password reset page to fill the following details –
- Date of birth
- User ID
- Account number
- PAN number
- Enter a new password and re-enter it to confirm and click “Submit”. It will display a confirmation message.
- An OTP will be sent. Enter the code and click “Submit”.
- It will display a confirmation message.
Once you reset your password successfully, you can now use Canara Bank Online Net Banking facilities.
How to Transfer Funds with Canara Net Banking?
You can easily transfer funds with Online Canara Net Banking. You can avail this facility with Canara Bank Net Banking Activation for your accounts like current, savings, and salary accounts. Here are the steps for fund transfer –
- Visit Canara Bank Internet Banking Login portal netbanking.canarabank.in
- Sign in with your user ID and password
- Click “Payments” in menu bar
- Select “Transfers” from the left sidebar
- Choose “Beneficiary Maintenance” and select the type of transactions like RTGS, NEFT, IMPS etc.
- Click “Create a beneficiary”
- Now you can add a beneficiary.
- Click the “Transfers” option and select the type – Own Account Transfer, Multiple transfers, transfer in Canara Bank, or quick fund transfer with RTGS, NEFT or IMPS.
- Enter all details and click on one of these options:
- Save as Draft
- Save as Template (for next transfers)
- Save and Submit (for current and next transfers)
- You will get an OTP for verification. Enter the same and click on “Confirm”.
How to Open Savings Account Online?
- Visit the official savings account portal.
- Fill out the online account opening form.
- Submit the form and wait for the process of your request.
- You can also use this portal to check savings account opening status.
- You can also complete the form if it is not filled properly for the first time.
Features of Canara Net Banking
Customers can rest assured with safety and assurance of Canara Bank Online Banking. The bank has taken certain measures to secure the net banking accounts:
- Encryption – Canara Bank uses 128-bit SSL encryption to secure the data flow and messages by IDBRT.
- Unlimited password reset – Users can change passwords for an endless number of times. If you suspect that your password has been leaked, you can change the password anytime.
- Password Security – Only you will be aware of your password. The servers randomly generate the passwords and even bank employees don’t know about them.
- Data security – All the data and information is kept secure. No one else can get your data unless it is required through a legal notice.
- Limited attempts – Your internet banking account will be locked for the day after 3 failed attempts to login to avoid unauthorized access. If it is locked, you should contact the bank.
- Limited validity of passwords – After 90 days, your password will expire. You will get notification before 10 days to change the password.
- Expiry limit – If you don’t access your net banking account within 90 days, the password will expire. You will have to request for generating a new password.
Canara Bank Internet Banking Key Features
- Account Actions – View all details related to transactions processed from a specific account. You can download and print the account statement, when needed.
- Active Accounts Details – View your account summary including details like term deposits, active accounts, and loan accounts.
- Loan Account Details – View master details related to your loan accounts with Canara Bank.
- Self–Transfer – Transfer funds to your own savings account from any other account owned by you with any other bank.
- Loan Repayments – Canara Bank Net Banking enables customers to make loan repayments smoothly and save a lot of effort and time.
- Third Party Fund Transfer – Transfer fund to anyone having an account in Canara Bank or any other bank.
- Forex Rate Inquiry – This feature enables Canara Bank customers to know estimated rates of various foreign currencies.
How to Hotlist Your Debit/Credit Cards?
With this option, you can block your credit or debit card in case your card is lost or stolen. Here are the steps to block your debit/credit card online –
- Visit the official website of Canara Bank
- Enter Net Banking Canara Bank Login ID and password
- Click “request” from the main menu.
- Hit the button “Debit/Credit card hotlisting”
- Select the card and click “Hotlist”
- Click “Confirm”
- Enter the password and click “Submit”
- You can now block your card.
How to block your credit/debit card offline?
- To block your debit/credit card, dial the toll-free number 1800-425-0018 and follow the instructions.
- To block a debit card through SMS, type CAN<space>HOTLISTDC<space>Card Number and send it to 5607060 from the mobile number registered with your account.
- To block a credit card through SMS, type CAN<space>HOTLISTCC<space>Date of birth (in YYYY/MM/DD format) and send it to 9266623333 from your mobile number registered with your account.
Canara Bank Special Requests
The account holders can access the net banking portal of Canara Bank and get special services by filling the form “Request a Service”. This way, customers can apply for cards, loans, open deposits, and insurance with this feature. Here are the steps to request special services –
- Go to the official Canara Bank site.
- Select “Online Service Request”
- Enter your customer type, account no, name, address, email address, and mobile number on the form.
- Click “Submit”.
Canara Bank Customer Service
For any concerns related to net banking in Canara Bank, account holders can dial the toll-free number 1800 425 0018.
Frequently Asked Questions
You have to opt for Canara Bank Online Banking Registration to use this service. Here are the steps –
- Go to the official Canara bank website.
- Click “New Registration”
- Enter all the details on the page and click “I Agree”
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter it and click “Submit”
- Create your net banking password and login to access all of its services.
User ID or Customer ID is a unique ID number assigned to each customer from the bank to access net banking. You can get this user ID in a bank statement or passbook. Contact your branch if you don’t have it.
It is very important to add a beneficiary/receiver for the fund transfer process. Log in to your net banking account and get in the “Payments” section. Select “Transfer” under “Beneficiary Maintenance”. Enter all the fields by selecting “Create Beneficiary Template” and save.
After three wrong login attempts, net banking might be locked. Here, you have to visit the official Canara Bank website and select the option “Unlock User ID”. Provide the details required after that like Date of Birth, User ID, PAN, Aadhar. There are chances that your account hasn’t been activated yet from the bank. You may visit the bank branch to check your net banking status.
There are no Canara Bank Net Banking Charges.
You can check the account statement for the last six months and download the same by clicking “Account Activity”. Go to Services and click “Historical Account Statement” to download the account statement.
Yes, you can use the same user ID to access multiple accounts in several branches of Canara Bank. But all accounts must be registered with the same contact number.
Yes, NRIs too can access Canara Bank net banking facilities anywhere in the world.
Yes, it is important for security purposes, just in case you forget your password. It will come in handy to access your account.