- Income Tax Calendar Important Due Dates 2021
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- May 2021
- June 2021
- July 2021
- August 2021
- September 2021
- October 2021
- November 2021
- December 2021
Income Tax Calendar Important Due Dates 2021
Recently, the Income Tax department has released its income tax calendar 2021 including all
the deadlines and important due dates such as advance tax payment, TDS/TCS deadlines for
every quarter, and due dates for filing tax returns. Income tax department issues this income
tax calendar to notify all the taxpayers about the important tax-related dates. It is an initiative
by the income tax department to avoid any delays in submitting Incomes Taxes by individuals
and business entities.
The income tax department of India has sent a mail to all the taxpayers including the new
Income Tax Calendar 2021 stating “welcome to a new era where tax system is becoming
seamless,faceless and paperless and every taxpayer is contributing in building a better
nation”.IT department has dedicated this new era calendar to honest nation builders who are
the pillar of our economy. The main headline of the calendar is “Honoring the honest”.
Income Tax Calendar 2021 is consists of all the important due dates and deadlines for the
payment of advance tax, TDS, TCS. It also includes the due dates to file the ITR and it also
includes the due dates of delivering the TDS and TCS of every quarter to the taxpayers. We
know that calculating tax and depositing is a continuous and complex task. Most important is
submitting all the forms and payments on or before the due date to avoid any penalty.
With the help of the Income Tax Calendar 2021, now you can be free from the burden of
remembering every deadline and due date to file tax and returns quarterly and annually. You
can mark these dates on your calendar and get on with your daily life. Start your new era with
the Income Tax Calendar 2021 and begin a simple, easy and proud tax journey.
Below are all the important due dates for the payment of different taxes for the Assessment
year 2019-2020, filing for returns, advance taxes, and Aadhar and PAN link updates as per the
Income Tax Calendar 2021:
- January 7 – Due date for depositing the TDS or TCS for December 2020 and from October
2020 to December 2020 if the assessing officer has allowed you to make the quarterly
payment under Section 192, 194A,194D, or 194H.
- January 10 – It is the last date for filing for the Income Tax return for the assessment year
2020-2021 for all the corporate and non-corporate parties except those who require an audit.
- January 14 – It is the last date to issue a TDS certificate for November 2020 where tax was
deducted under section 194-IA, 194-IB, and 194M.
- January 15 – It is the extended due date to furnish tax audit and other audit reports for the
assessment year 2020-21
It is also a due date for submitting the quarterly TCS statement ending on December 31, 2020,in respect of both domestic and international (form no- 15CC)
It is also a due date for furnishing the form 24G by the government for the deposited amount
of TDS/TCS without Challan and Form 15G/15H for the declarations for the quarter ending
on December 2020.
- January 30 – Due date for furnishing Challan-cum-Statement of the month December 2020
for the TDS under Section 194-IB
- January 31 – Due date for submitting the quarterly TDS statement for December 2020.
It is also the last date for making a declaration under the Vivad Se Vishwas scheme
- February 7 – it is the due date to deposit TDS and TCS for January 2021
- February 14 – due date to issue the TDS certificate under section 194-IA, 194-IB, 194M for
- February 15 – It is a due date for filing for Income Tax Return for the AY 2020-2021 for all
corporate, non-corporate parties, and for the partner of a firm whose books required audit.
One also need to submit a report under section 92E for the specified international and
Due date to issue the quarterly TDS certificate for the quarter ended on December 2020
Due date to furnish the form 24G by the government for the tax deducted or collected without challan for January 2021.
March is considered to be a month of high importance as it is the last month to save tax and
invest in some tax saving schemes for the FY 2020-2021
- March 7 – Due date for depositing the TDS and TCS for February 2021
- March 15 – It is the due date for the payment of the fourth installment of the advance tax for the AY 2021-22 ( if liable to pay any). It is also the due date for the payment of the advance tax under section 44AD and 44ADA.
- March 31 – It is the last date to link PAN and Aadhaar card if not then your PAN will become inoperative.
It is the last date for making the payment under Vivad Se Vishwas Scheme and also extended the due date for submitting TDS/TCS of the 1st and 2nd quarter of FY 2020-2021.
- April 7 – It is the last date to submit TDS/TCS for March 2021 by a government officer
- April 30 – It is the due date for submitting TDS and TCS for March other than government officer if anyone is liable
- May 7 – Due date for depositing TDS and TCS for April 2021
- May 31 – It is the due date for filing quarterly statement ended on March 2021
- June 7 – Due date for submitting TDS and TCS for May 2021
- June 15 – It is the due date for depositing the first installment of advance tax for the year 2022-2023
- July 7 – The last date to submit the TDS and TCS for June 2021
- July 31 – Due date for submitting the TDS quarterly statement of the quarter ended on June 2021
It is also the due date for filing the Income Tax return for the AY 2021-22 for all the assess who are liable to get their account audited except corporate and non-corporate parties and for the entities who have made specific domestic and international transactions
- August 7 – Due date to submit TDS/TCS for July 2021
- September 7 – Due date to submit the TDS/TCS for August 2021
- September 15 – Last date for the payment of the advance tax for the AY 2022-23
- October 7 – Due date to submit TDS/TCS for September 2021
- October 31 – Due date to submit the quarterly statement of the TDS ended on September 2021
It is also the due date to file for ITR for the AY 2021-22 for all the corporate and non-corporate parties whose accounting books needs to be audited
It is also the last date to submit the audit report for the specific domestic and international transaction for the AY 2021-22
- November 7 – Due date to submit the TDS/TCS for October 2021
- November 30 – It is the last date for filing for the Income Tax Return for the AY 2021-22 for the specific domestic and international transaction
- December 7 – Due date for submitting the TDS and TCS for November 2021
- December 15 – It is the last date for the payment of the third advance tax installment for the AY 2022-23
The Internet and technology have become a bridge between the government and its citizens. Now, we do everything online, and filing taxes is much easier. Digitalization has made the process transparent, seamless, paperless, and effortless. The above-mentioned are the important due dates of the Income Tax Calendar 2021. It contains all the important tax-related dates for the AY 2020-21, AY 2021-22, and AY 2022-23.
It has the due dates and the extended deadlines for the ITR of the previous year and details of filing the advance tax installments quarterly for the current and next year. We hope that you find the Income Tax Calendar 2021 informative and useful to help you deal with all your financial transactions conveniently.
Compliance Calendar for the Month of April 2021
|Due date||Form to be filed||Period||Who should file?|
|10.04.2021||GSTR 7||March 2021||GSTR 7 is a return to be filed by the persons who is required to deduct TDS (Tax deducted at source) under GST|
|10.04.2021||GSTR 8||March 2021||GSTR-8 is a return to be filed by the e-commerce operators who are required to deduct TCS (Tax collected at source) under GST|
|11.04.2021||GSTR 1||March 2021||Taxpayers having an aggregate turnover of more than Rs. 1.50 Crores or opted to file Monthly Return|
|13.04.2021||GSTR 1 (QRMP)||January-March 2021||GST return for the taxpayers who opted for QRMP scheme|
|13.04.2021||GSTR 6||March 2021||Input Service Distributors|
|20.04.2021||GSTR 5 & 5A||March 2021||Non-Resident Taxpayers and ODIAR services provider|
|20.04.2021||GSTR 3B||March 2021||The due date for GSTR-3B having an Annual Turnover of more than 5 Crores|
|25.04.2021||GST Challan||For all Quarterly filers||GST Challan Payment if no sufficient ITC for Mar (for all Quarterly Filers)|
|18.04.2021||CMP-08||January to March 2020||Due date for opting for composition scheme for the quarter January to March|
|Important due dates for the Income Tax Compliance / PF / ESI in the Month of April 2021|
|07.04.2021||Challan No. ITNS-281||March 2021|
Payment of TDS for Government offices /TCS for all assessees deducted /collected in March 2021
|14.04.2021||TDS Certificate||February 2021||Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under Section 194IA in the month of February, 2021|
|14.04.2021||TDS Certificate||February 2021||Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under Section 194IB in the month of February, 2021|
|14.04.2021||TDS Certificate||February 2021||Due date for issue of TDS Certificate for tax deducted under Section 194M in the month of February, 2021|
|15.04.2021||Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) (PF)||March 2021||E-payment of Provident Fund|
|15.04.2021||ESI Challan||March 2021||ESI payment|
|15.04.2021||Form No. 3BB||March 2021||Due date for furnishing statement in Form no. 3BB by a stock exchange in respect of transactions in which client codes been modified after registering in the system for the month of March, 2021|
|15.04.2021||Form no. 15CC||January to March 2021||Quarterly statement in respect of foreign remittances (to be furnished by authorized dealers)|
|30.04.2021||Outstanding payments to MSMes||October 2020 to March 2021||A half-yearly return with the registrar for outstanding payments to Micro or Small Enterprises.|
|30.04.2021||Deposit of TDS Amount||January to March 2021||Due date for deposit of TDS when Assessing Officer has permitted quarterly deposit of TDS under section 192, 194A, 194D or 194H|
|30.04.2021||Form 24G||March 2021||Where TDS/TCS has been paid without the production of a challan by an office of the Government|
|30.04.2021||TDS Challan-cum-statement||March 2021||Due date for furnishing of challan-cum-statement in respect of tax deducted under section 194-IA, 194 IB, 194M|
|30.04.2021||Deposit of TDS||March 2021||Due date for deposit of Tax deducted by an assessee other than an office of the Government|
|30.04.2021||Form 61||October 2020 to March 2021||Due date for e-filing of a declaration in Form No. 61 containing particulars of Form No. 60 received during the period October 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021|
|30.04.2021||Form 15G / 15H||January to March 2021||Due date for uploading declarations received from recipients in Form. 15G/15H during the quarter ending March, 2021|
It is just the beginning of the new financial year and the first month itself is full of statutory due dates for various compliances under Goods and Service Act, Income Tax Act, Companies Act and LLP Act. Filing the above mentioned forms on or before the due dates will save the Taxpayers from hefty penalties.